Should you have any question, any remark, or if you find a bug, or if there is something you can do with the API but not with PyGithub, please open an issue.
(Very short) tutorial¶
First create a Github instance:
from github import Github # using username and password g = Github("user", "password") # or using an access token g = Github("access_token")
Then play with your Github objects:
for repo in g.get_user().get_repos(): print(repo.name) repo.edit(has_wiki=False)
Download and install¶
If you wish to use GitHub Integrations, you’ll want to be sure to install the
pip install PyGithub['integrations']
PyGithub is distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public Licence. See files COPYING and COPYING.LESSER, as requested by GNU.
You need to use a Github API and wonder which class implements it? Reference of APIs.
You want all the details about PyGithub classes? Reference of Classes.
Projects using PyGithub¶
(Open an issue if you want to be listed here, I’ll be glad to add your project)
- Github-iCalendar returns all of your Github issues and pull requests as a list of tasks / VTODO items in iCalendar format.
- Upverter is a web-based schematic capture and PCB layout tool for people who design electronics. Designers can attach a Github project to an Upverter project.
- Notifico receives messages (such as commits and issues) from services and scripts and delivers them to IRC channels. It can import/sync from Github.
- Tratihubis converts Trac tickets to Github issues
- https://github.com/fga-gpp-mds/2018.1-Cardinals - website that shows metrics for any public repository (issues, commits, pull requests etc)
- https://github.com/natduca/quickopen uses PyGithub to automaticaly create issues
- https://github.com/kokosing/git-gifi - Git and github enhancements to git.
- https://github.com/csurfer/gitsuggest - A tool to suggest github repositories based on the repositories you have shown interest in
- https://github.com/gomesfernanda/some-github-metrics - Python functions for relevant metrics on GitHub repositories
- https://github.com/SOM-Research/Gitana - a SQL-based Project Activity Inspector
- https://github.com/YakDriver/satsukia - Python package that helps manage GitHub releases and release assets
- check-in — Python CLI distribution that allows user to use GitHub Checks API as a bot.