Should you have any question, any remark, or if you find a bug, or if there is something you can do with the API but not with PyGithub, please open an issue.
(Very short) tutorial¶
First create a Github instance:
from github import Github g = Github("user", "password")
Then play with your Github objects:
for repo in g.get_user().get_repos(): print repo.name repo.edit(has_wiki=False)
Download and install¶
PyGithub is distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public Licence. See files COPYING and COPYING.LESSER, as requested by GNU.
You need to use a Github API and wonder which class implements it? [Reference of APIs](http://jacquev6.net/PyGithub/v1/apis.html) __
You want all the details about PyGithub classes? [Reference of classes](http://jacquev6.net/PyGithub/v1/github_objects.html) __
Projects using PyGithub¶
(Open an issue if you want to be listed here, I’ll be glad to add your project)
- Github-iCalendar returns all of your Github issues and pull requests as a list of tasks / VTODO items in iCalendar format.
- Upverter is a web-based schematic capture and PCB layout tool for people who design electronics. Designers can attach a Github project to an Upverter project.
- Notifico receives messages (such as commits and issues) from services and scripts and delivers them to IRC channels. It can import/sync from Github.
- Tratihubis converts Trac tickets to Github issues
- https://github.com/natduca/quickopen uses PyGithub to automaticaly create issues